If you are planning to invest in an air fryer or an electric oven, take a moment to peruse this article and be grateful for years to come! Kitchen appliances are a big deal, mainly because of the important purpose they serve and also due to the steep price tags attached to them. No one has the time or the funds to replace one faulty gadget after another, so it is always intelligent to thoroughly research the market before signing off on a purchase.
When it comes to kitchen appliances, undoubtedly, Mayer is the first brand that pops into most people’s minds, and rightfully so. Whether you are in search of a premium electric oven, your kitchen is missing a handy air fryer, or the old food processor needs an upgrade, Mayer will provide you with the best quality electronics at affordable rates.
If you have an immense appreciation for steaks, so much so that you can have them for every meal of the day, it is about time to try air-fried Tomahawk steaks. It will introduce you to a new flavor profile and cooking techniques; you might never return to making it the old way. Keep reading to learn about preparing your favorite meals with Mayer.
What is a Tomahawk steak?
Did you know that the Tomahawk steak is also referred to as the Battle Axe steak? This is because its shape bears an unmistakable resemblance to a real-life battle axe, and a Google search will confirm that for you. Essentially, a Tomahawk is a cut of ribeye beef steak prepared in such a way that five inches of the rib bone remain intact. The process employs a culinary technique called ‘Frenching’ wherein the fat and meat are taken off the bone to the point where it resembles a ‘handle.’ This is the same technique that is used to shape a rack of lamb.
How to perfectly cook a Tomahawk steak in the Mayer air fryer?
Is air frying a steak the best way to cook it? Obviously not. But will it leave you with a close-to-perfect meal without needing to go above and beyond? Most definitely! All you need is an excellent air fryer like Mayer’s and the right skills.
- Start by preheating your air fryer.
- Remove your steak from the freezer and allow it to thaw for 20 to 30 minutes, this is called tempering, and it allows the meat to cook evenly and enhances the flavors.
- Then take a small amount of any neutral oil and massage it onto the steak.
- Do not hold back; generously season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper.
- Once the air fryer is done preheating, place the seasoned Tomahawk steak into the basket, and you should hear a satisfying sizzle. Do not make the mistake of overcrowding the basket.
- Decide the temperature and time based on how ‘done’ you prefer your steak.
- While the steak cooks, in a bowl, take some softened butter and add your favorite herbs and seasonings to whip up a delicious herb butter.
- Halfway through the cooking process, remember to rotate and flip your steak once.
- Once cooking time is up, dollop a good amount of the herb butter right on top of your steak and allow it to rest for at least half the time it took to cook.
- The residual heat will allow the butter to melt, complete the cooking process, and lock the flavors into the meat.
Why should you choose to air fry a steak?
If you aren’t already convicted, here are a few more reasons to sway you to try an air-fried steak.
- It provides a temperature-controlled environment to cook the meat evenly.
- The chamber gets hot enough to crisp up to the outside perfectly.
- The post-meal clean-up is a breeze.
If you have heard shining reviews about Mayer-manufactured products, such as electric ovens, air fryers, blenders, mixers, and kettles, they are all right on the mark! The history of this brand goes back to Singapore in 1987, the place where it all started. The company has since undergone quite a few positive alterations and developments that have led it to become a trusted household name.
The motto at the heart of Mayer is to help people rediscover the fun in home cooking; to bring them closer through shared experiences in the kitchen. It brings you the most reliable, stylish, and high-functioning appliances manufactured to stand the test of time. Have a look at some of the star products by the brand.
5.7L Air Fryer
This sleek black gadget will elevate the look of your kitchen and become your favorite appliance, all at the same time! It has a whopping 5.7 L capacity to accommodate a sizable dish in a single go. Mayer’s 360° Rapid Air Technology ensures that your food is cooked thoroughly on all sides while the intense heat and high speed add to the crispiness. Moreover, this air fryer utilizes the oil released from the food, which saves you from using an exorbitant amount of oil! The detachable basket and tray allow all the excess grease and oil to separate from your food keeping your diet healthy with 80% less fats. The detachable components also make cleaning super easy.
You should also know that Mayer’s 5.7L Air Fryer comes with a 30 minutes long timer, an automatic cut-off switch, a temperature range of 80 – 200° C, a non-slip base, anti-overheating technology, a cool-touch handle, and an indicator light for power and heating.
If this capacity does not seem ideal to you, visit Mayer’s website to find an option that better meets your needs.
Mistral 32 L Electric Oven
This versatile electric oven comes with a multitude of features that make it ideal for baking and roasting. The temperature control ranges from 100°C to 250°C, which gives you the liberty to prepare a host of recipes. The timer on this one is 60 minutes, and it rings to alert you when it is time to pull the dish out. The 4-piece heating element is made of stainless steel for durability, and there is a maximum six stages switch heating selector. The Mistral 32 L Electric Oven is accompanied by a wire rack, a baking tray, a crumb tray, rotisseries, tray handles, and an inner light.
Mayer Malaysia x Atome
You can get your hands on Mayer’s multi-purpose, sleek, state-of-the-art kitchen and home appliances without breaking the bank. This is made possible because of the up-and-coming payment application Atome, which allows you to buy now and pay later.
Headquartered in Singapore with over 15,000 partnered merchants and available in 8 markets, Atome offers its users the choice and convenience of flexible payment options for a variety of products and services. The app allows shoppers to split their purchases across three interest-free monthly payments by scanning a partner retailer’s in-store QR code or upon website checkout. By splitting their payments, Atome users will be able to better manage their budget while making quality products and services more reachable.
The process of becoming a member is rather straightforward, thanks to the user-friendly interface that makes navigation a piece of cake. Just download the free app from the official website (get it here) and fill in your information to sign up. You will be up and out shopping in no time. Make sure to claim the welcome voucher worth RM15 on a purchase of RM50 or higher. You will also be happy to know that most affiliate brands regularly offer exclusive deals and discounts for Atome users.
How to place an online order with Atome?
- During checkout, select Atome to pay for your purchase.
- Use your credentials to get into your Atome account.
- Log in the total amount spent.
- Enter the discount code.
- Have a look at the payment schedule generated by the app.
- Authorize the first payment on the spot so that the order can be confirmed and the products delivered.
- The app will automatically charge the following payments to your bank card.
- Note that you can use Atome for in-store shopping as well.
There is hardly any experience more rewarding and satisfying than a well-prepared meal; it not only nourishes your body but the soul too. So, why not have access to gadgets that will further your goal of preparing delicious and healthy meals with minimal effort? Frankly, there is no better brand than Mayer to source all your kitchen and home appliances; they will serve you well for years to come. So visit the brand’s website or an outlet and use Atome to shop for everything you want!