Do I need a physical examination each year? This is a question every healthy person asks himself from time to time. Many people are less inclined to pay their doctors a visit for a check-up when they are not sick. They ignore the fact that a physical exam serves as a wellness check and helps address any developing health issues.
Life is moving at breakneck speed, and it’s easy to lose track of your health when you have a busy schedule. However, it is essential to place a higher value on your well-being and prioritize healthy living.
An annual physical examination is important as it allows your doctor to assess your health regardless of any symptoms. It enables the physician to point out any areas that might need attention to avoid bigger problems in the future. For example, abnormalities in blood pressure, cholesterol, blood glucose level, and body mass index may not present any symptoms but, if left unchecked, can lead to severe issues.
Physical exams also allow your doctor to check your immunization records and review your medication. Considering the fast pace at which medicine and medical procedures are revolutionizing, you never know what new vaccines and drugs can help solve your existing health problems.
In addition, a physical examination is an excellent time to discuss any issues you might face with your physical or mental health. Without an annual check-up, several health problems can go unchecked for years until they become serious. Therefore, physicals allow for preventative care because you can take care of your health before something goes wrong.
How to prepare for a physical examination?
If you make preparations ahead of time, you can feel at ease when you go in for a physical examination. Here is a general physical examination checklist you can refer to before you leave the house to see your doctor.
- A list of all your medications, including prescription, over-the-counter medications, and supplements.
- A copy of your medical history and surgical records.
- Results from your recent screenings and tests.
- A list of any pain or symptoms you may be experiencing.
- A note listing all the questions you want to ask your doctor.
- Contact information of doctors you may have visited previously.
- A list of the vaccinations you may have received in the past.
- Wear comfortable clothes with minimal jewelry and avoid things that may hinder the provider from examining your body properly.
What to expect from a physical examination
A physical examination varies from patient to patient, but there are a few things that your doctor will check every time you go for an exam.
- Measure your height and weight. This sets a standard, providing a baseline for your doctor to monitor your health. For example, a sudden weight change can indicate health problems.
- Check your vital signs, respiration rate, temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure.
- Monitor your general appearance. Does your skin appear healthy? Can you move easily? How are your memory and reflexes?
- Address any health concerns you may be experiencing. You can discuss any new symptoms or chronic conditions you’re facing. This is a good time to check the list of questions you prepared before coming to the doctor.
- Review medical care preferences.
- Analyze your lifestyle and social environment to ensure it is not affecting your health. For example, if you smoke a lot or follow a special diet, talking to your doctor can enable him to understand your risks and help reduce them.
- Review the medications you are taking, including supplements and over-the-counter medications.
- Assess your family history. This is especially important in personalized healthcare, so make sure to come prepared with information about your relatives and their conditions.
- Conduct a physical exam to check each organ system. This may also include a pelvic exam and a breast exam for women and a hernia, prostate, and genital exam for men.
- Direct you to get necessary tests and screenings. This may include blood tests, etc.
- Update your vaccines and recommend new vaccinations or booster shots according to your age.
- Update your history taking and physical examination pdf.
- Give you guidance on preventing the risk of diseases in general.
Now that we have established the value of annual physical examinations, let’s look at one of the best options for health clinics in Malaysia.
O2 KLINIK- Where the patient is always a priority
O2 KLINIK was founded in 2012 by a team of medical doctors with the sole purpose of helping people lead a healthy life. The clinic provides services in general, preventive, regenerative, and anti-aging, screening and diagnostic, nutrition and dietetics, dermatology, and aesthetic medicine.
The clinic has a clear vision to deliver professional care to the community. Its mission is to serve patients with empathy and treat them with a holistic approach using advanced diagnostic and treatment equipment.
If you are searching for a professional clinic for your annual physical examination, you can visit O2 KLINIK or their website for more information.
Medical services at O2 KLINIK
The clinic offers several medical services, including
- General medical services (gastritis, anti-natal & post-natal care, food poisoning, etc.)
- Screening and diagnostic services (X-ray, pap smear, ultrasound, hormonal test, blood and urine investigation, etc.)
- Health screening and blood test
- Chronic medical services (diabetic Mellitus, kidney failure, liver failure, hypertension, etc.)
- Acute and emergency medical services (chest pain, abdominal pain, difficulty breathing, etc.)
- Anti-aging and regenerative medical services (stem cell therapy, diet counseling, lifestyle modification, bio-identical hormone)
- Preventive vaccination and immunization services
- Dermatology services (allergic skin reactions, viral skin infections, minor operation for a skin lesion, psoriasis, etc.)
O2 KLINIK is one of Atome’s partnered merchant
O2 KLINIK is a complete medical solution for the family, and it has collaborated with Atome to offer its patients flexible payment plans. This means you can visit the clinic with your loved ones for a physical examination without worrying about upfront payment.
Atome is a BNPL company that allows users to split their bill from any partnered merchant into three parts. So if you want to pay for your clinic visit with Atome, you have to pay one part of your total bill at the time of using the service, while the remaining payment can be paid over the following months.
What is Atome?
Atome is a Singapore-based company that works in over 10 markets, including Malaysia, Mainland China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Japan, and Vietnam. It has over 10,000 partner merchants, which allows the company to provide its users with thousands of shopping options across fashion, lifestyle, travel, and home. From high-quality products to premium services, Atome makes it possible for digital-savvy consumers to enjoy the best without paying for it at once.
You can download the app (get the app) and become an Atome user to access all of its merchants’ online and offline stores. If you download the app now, you get a welcome voucher of RM15 that you can use on your first service.
Make your health a priority with O2 KLINIK
An annual physical examination is an investment in your health that will surely pay off. Whether you require a general check-up, physical examination, obstetrics, tests and screening, or dermatology services, the dedicated team of doctors at O2 KLINIK can provide you with professional services and the highest level of care.