Shopping has a different meaning for people. Some view it as retail therapy, while others find it an unavoidable chore that must be endured. Shopping can be a thrill for some and a hunt for others. But despite the difference between people’s perspectives, there are 4 prominent shopping personalities that everyone can identify with.
Here is a rundown of the most common shopping personalities that most shoppers can relate to.
Someone who is always looking for discounts and deals
Every savvy shopper knows the immense pleasure of scoring a good deal or finding the best discount. Hence, this shopping personality is most commonly found in modern shoppers looking to manage their finances better.
But what is it that attracts customers to discounts? It is simply that discounts instill a sense of happiness and excitement among people. Moreover, they make the customer feel smarter since they are able to save money.
Most people enjoy the idea of saving money and finding stores that offer the best deals. Did you know that shopping helps reduce stress and serves as a distraction from your life’s worries? Now when you add the element of savings to this equation, you’re left with utter elation!
Another benefit that people with this shopping personality get to enjoy is that they can shop at one place without hopping from one store to another. This not only saves their time but also their energy.
Finally, the thrill of finding the best deals feels like an adult version of a scavenger hunt. Imagine finding a $50 dress for $15 instead; wouldn’t that become the highlight of anyone’s day? Interestingly, many people even get competitive about buying their favorite product at the lowest price. Hence, the ultimate purchase feels almost like a victory.
Someone who is always looking for the latest trends
Gen Z is currently the one generation dominating the retail space and they’re very particular about spending their money. Hence, this shopping personality is quite prominent in modern shoppers who are always searching for newness and eager to explore new trends that keep them fashion-forward.
Most trend-conscious shoppers prefer shopping online to searching different physical stores to find the latest fashion drops. Since staying on top of trends is easier when the entire retail space is available in the palm of your hands, these shoppers are more attracted to out-of-store shopping experiences.
Furthermore, digital consumers consider new trends a common ground for community and connection. Hence, the appeal of online shopping is more holistic than simply material.
When it comes to looking for the latest trends, there are two types of shoppers. The first kind prefers high-quality fashion statements and is willing to partner with BNPLs to purchase the things they desire. On the other hand, we have customers who would rather invest in fast fashion.
Fast fashion retailers aim to produce cost-efficient pieces of clothing in response to shifts in ever-changing consumer demands. The products are created based on the assumption that customers want high fashion at an affordable price. Hence, these garments are not meticulously made or intended to last for a few years.
Now, the ultimate choice lies with the shopper; whether they want to purchase high-quality, expensive items or affordable fast fashion options.
Someone who supports local brands
The digitalization of the retail industry has removed the difference between local and international brands, making each one as accessible as the other. But despite the availability of foreign products, many shoppers choose to support their community and buy from local brands.
There are several reasons why more customers are supporting their local businesses. The first among them is the personalization of service that can be expected from a local business. Take your nearest coffee shop as an example where the serving staff knows everyone by name. You wouldn’t feel the same warmth and community if you went into a large international chain.
Another highlight of shopping from local brands is the satisfaction of making a valuable contribution to the local economy. These businesses hire residents, creating employment opportunities for several hardworking individuals. Moreover, local companies contribute to the city’s tax base, ultimately benefiting the people in your neighborhood.
A major reason shoppers prefer local brands is that they consider their offerings higher in quality than big box retailers. The larger an organization, the less interaction it has with its customers. On the other hand, small local businesses focus more on satisfying their customers and retaining them through trust and loyalty.
Someone who only shops during lunchtime/weekends
Now we come to the final category of shoppers who only have time on the weekends to shop. If you have this shopping personality, it means you are an impulsive buyer who quickly decides what they want. Since these people are generally pressed for time, they don’t search for the best deals or discounts but buy whatever they fancy on the spot.
If you only shop during lunchtime or on weekends, chances are you buy things without intention. That often results in feelings of regret over the impulsive buy. Sometimes the buyer’s regret often strikes them days after the shopping trip, though.
However, these shoppers are also mission-oriented, which means they will be in and out of the mall faster than the rest. They usually have a few brands that they’re loyal to and shoppers head directly for their shops as soon as they enter the mall. In reality, these loyalists or regular customers are every brand’s dream buyers.
Why BNPLs are becoming increasingly popular among shoppers
Buy now, pay later, or BNPL has turned into one of the most demanded financing options lately. The service allows customers to take advantage of delayed payment options and buy high-quality products and services even when they don’t have the money available.
Here are a few prominent benefits of a BNPL:
- Shoppers can purchase expensive items when their cash budget is tight.
- You don’t need a credit history to use a BNPL service. Hence, it offers greater financial access and inclusion compared to traditional credit card payment methods.
- Consumers can buy what they want now rather than waiting for their next paycheck.
- Payments can be split, making buying expensive products convenient and easy.
- BNPLs usually charge lower interest rates than credit card companies, making this option more lucrative for buyers.
BNPL companies are the future of the financial services industry as they make access to credit more decentralized and inclusive.
Atome – A leading BNPL in Asia
Headquartered in Singapore with over 15,000 partnered merchants, Atome offers its users the choice and convenience of flexible payment options for a variety of products and services. The app allows shoppers to split their purchases across flexible interest-free monthly payments by scanning a partner retailer’s in-store QR code or upon website checkout. By splitting their payments, Atome users can better manage their budget while making quality products and services more reachable.
Why Atome is perfect for every shopper
Let’s have a look at how Atome caters to all kinds of customers, regardless of their shopping personality.
- Atome has a highly functional app that keeps you updated on the latest promotions, deals, and discounts. So, if you’re someone who loves bagging amazing discounts, Atome will help you find your favorite products at lower prices. Imagine combining the best discounts with Atome’s flexible payment options; you can wave bye-bye to all your shopping woes!
- Atome has over 15,000 partner merchants across fashion, accessories, lifestyle, home, technology, and more. This means you will always have access to the latest fashion, trends, and technology through Atome’s extensive partner portfolio.
- On Atome’s platform, you can find both local and international brands. Hence, if you prefer to support local brands over others, you will have plenty of reliable options to choose from.
- Finally, you can shop in-store and online at any partner merchant store. So whether you have the time to visit the mall for shopping on weekends or not, Atome brings you thousands of exciting options that are only a click away.
How to pay at partner merchants with Atome
- Scan the QR code from Atome’s app when checking out from an in-store merchant.
- For online shopping, select Atome as your partner at the time of checkout.
- Enter your user details. If you’re new to Atome, download the app (Get the app) and set up an account before proceeding.
- Pay the first part of your bill and defer the remaining amount to the following months.
Experience seamless shopping with Atome
Shopping doesn’t have to be stressful, but it should be an experience that brings you joy and satisfaction. Now, with BNPL companies such as Atome, you can enjoy convenience in shopping like never before. By dividing your bill into monthly payments, you can be happy with what you’ve achieved through smart spending.
So, download the Atome app today and step into a new era of retail shopping.